ArtsBoston is a nonprofit dedicated to supporting the arts.
Saint Martin’s Church dates from March 3, 1885, when the first of a series of evening services was held on Waterman Street on the East Side of Providence. The corporation of Calvary Episcopal Church resulted from this modest beginning and was formed in 1897. Soon after, a wooden frame building was erected on Orchard Avenue. In 1912 Calvary Church merged with the Church of the Savior and the new united parish voted in 1916 to change its name to Saint Martin’s Church.
50 Orchard Avenue, Providence, RI 02906