35 Harvard Avenue, Hyde Park, MA 02136
The town of Hyde Park’s first library opened in the Cobb’s block of Everett Square in 1873. In 1884, it moved to larger quarters in the Masonic Block at the corner of Harvard Avenue and River Street. The library opened in its current location in September 1899 and became a branch of the Boston Public Library when the town joined the City of Boston in 1912. It is the only branch to have begun service as a town library.
An addition doubling the size of the branch opened in January 2000, designed by Schwartz/Silver Architects.
In May of 2006, the Hyde Park Branch was awarded a 2006 Best Accessible Design Award from the Boston Society of Architects and the Massachusetts Architectural Access Board.