The 2nd Annual Boston Art & Music Soul Festival takes place on June 22, 2019, 12-8pm inside the historic Franklin Park Playstead Field, home to the best cultural festivals and concerts in the City of Boston.
We kick off this year with the theme #RepresentationMatters, where attendees can expect a full day filled with experiences such as:
- 2 STAGES featuring 19 local bands and national entertainers of R&B, Hip-Hop, Afrobeat/House, Jazz, Fusion, Funk, Soul, and Spoken Word.
- REP YOUR CITY, an interactive, live social justice art themed exhibition with New England-based emerging painters and graffiti writers all curated by Boston's own local legend Rob " ProBlak" Gibbs, co-Found of Artists for Humanity
- BEAT FEET DANCE ZONE, a high-energy, "dance at your own pace" area, where attendees can learn both traditional and contemporary African and Afro-centric dance styles from local choreographers curated by the Racines Black Dance Festival.
- FOOD TRUCKS that highlight a curated selection of ethnic cuisines representative of the people, neighborhoods, and culture that define the City of Boston.
- B.Y.O.G. (Bring Your Own Game) - Are you a spectator or a competitor? Grab some friends and bring your own board and card games and stay for the whole day.
- LOCAL VENDORS – A showcase of artists, craft makers, creative entrepreneurs and minority-owned small businesses from across New England.
This event is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is encouraged. Receive updates on festival changes and pre-sale announcements to events.