GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING TO THE ARTSBOSTON CALENDAR
Thank you for submitting your event to ArtsBoston.org! Use this simple form to submit your organization’s events to the Boston’s leading online arts and entertainment calendar.
Please Note: Due to the high volume of event submissions at this time, we cannot guarantee that listings submitted less than four weeks from the event’s start date will be accepted. Please submit your listings as far in advance as possible. We recommend that you enter your organization’s entire season at once.
LEAD TIME: We request that events be submitted at least four weeks prior to the event’s start date. If we receive your event info less than two weeks in advance, we cannot guarantee that your event will be posted.
PUBLIC EVENTS: All events must be open to the public. Invitation/member-only events will not be accepted.
LOCATION: Events must take place in the Greater Boston area
EVENT IMAGE: Your event image must be 600 pixels wide by 400 pixels high at 300 dpi without ANY text or your event will be rejected.
VIDEOS: If you would like to add a videos with an event listing, just add the embed code and a description when submitting your event. We only support video embed code from YouTube and Vimeo.
COPY: Please consider audience when writing your event synopsis. Please don’t just copy and paste verbiage from your website. Remember if you say something like, “our 30th anniversary concert,” people are not going to know who you are speaking of. Instead say something like, ___________ Orchestra presents their 30th anniversary concert….
ALL EVENTS WILL BE REVIEWED AND, IF ACCEPTED, POSTED WITHIN 3 – 5 BUSINESS DAYS. ARTSBOSTON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO EDIT IMAGES AND SUBMISSIONS FOR GRAMMAR, STYLE, AND ACCURACY. WE MAY ALSO OMIT ANY EVENTS WE BELIEVE ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR THE SITE.
ArtsBoston accepts the following events:
- lectures & literature
- arts festivals
- special events – ex. Fundraisers related to arts and culture
- tours – related to arts, culture, or history
- visual arts
- classes & workshops that are also classified as one of the categories listed above
- camps that are also classified as one of the categories listed above
- fundraising galas (listed as special events)
- free arts and entertainment events
ArtsBoston DOES NOT include:
- audition notices
- events outside of the Greater Boston region
- virtual events without a designated location
- health fairs, social service events, or self-help seminars
- religious services or events that assume religious or spiritual beliefs
- sales, shopping or merchandising events
- entrepreneurial, networking and/or recruitment events
- calls for entry or vendor solicitations
- food and drink specials
- “adult” oriented entertainment or salacious content
ArtsBoston reserves the right to revise, reject or cancel, in whole or in part, any listing for any reason. Please contact the site administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about these guidelines or the event submission process.