Please Note: This event has expired.
Who is Eartha Mae?
A One-Woman Play With Music About the Life + Times of Eartha Kitt
Known to many as Catwoman, Eartha Kitt was a firecracker on screen and stage. But who was she when the curtain fell and the dressing room door closed? At turns intimate and show-stopping, this world premiere production takes you on Kitt's journey from Jim Crow-era South, to London, around the world, and back home again. Join us in bringing the story of an influential American icon to life.
Created + Performed by Jade Wheeler
Directed by Cailin Doran
Music Direction + Piano by Seulah Noh
At Bridge Rep, we ask you to choose what you pay, based on the honor system and the following information:
- Subsidized Tickets. Because the arts should be accessible to everyone, we offer this lowest price point for students, seniors, other artists, or anyone else served by this offering.
- Full Price Tickets. We believe people are honest and honorable, and that those who can pay the industry standard price of admission will do so as a gesture of support of the arts and culture in our city.
- True Cost Tickets. For ticket sales to cover both the material expenses associated with this performance, and the artist / manager fees currently commensurate with our budget, we'd have to sell every seat to every performance at this price point. For WHO IS EARTHA MAE, the entire show budget from which we calculate the True Cost price is $49,085.08.
- True Cost PLUS Tickets. For ticket sales to cover both the material expenses associated with this performance, and a minimum wage of $20 /hour, we'd have to sell every seat to every performance at this price point. For WHO IS EARTHA MAE, the entire show budget from which we calculate the True Cost PLUS price is $108,017.58.
- Optional Donation. In light of the information above, please feel free to make an additional donation together with your ticket purchase.
- Preview Discount. Preview nights are a transitional phase between rehearsal and the show's official opening. Audiences essentially see a hybrid rehearsal/performance, during which the director and her creative team gauge audience response, and identify changes they'd like to make to the show during the remaining daytime rehearsal hours. Because these performances are not "finished products," we offer a 25% discount with code PREVIEW for Jan 31, Feb 1 and Feb 2. Come see us early, and be part of the process as we add the finishing touches!
- Walk Up Tickets. For ease and efficiency of processing, tickets will be available at the door for a flat rate of $25, and can be purchased with cash, credit, debit, or personal check.Please note we absorb all ticketing fees, so what you see is what you pay. Thank you for being our patron!
41 Second Street, Cambridge, MA 02141