6th Boston JerkFest
Please note, this event has expired.
The Boston JerkFest is an out-door/in-door family-friendly Caribbean style foodie festival features Jamaican jerk hot spiced food and spicy foods, live music, Chef Demos, and fun at the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology.
The 6th Boston JerkFest is an out-door/in-door family-friendly Caribbean style foodie festival features Jamaican jerk hot spiced food and spicy foods, live music, Chef Demos, and fun for the whole family. Located in the South End and home of Boston’s foodie epicenter, the event takes at the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology, 41 Berkeley Street, south End, Boston. The festival has been featured by Zagat as one of the top 10 summer food events in Boston. Here is our media page so youView more
What’s include with Rum & Brew Tasting General Admission Tickets:
- Beverage Sampling: Unlimited sampling of rum, other spirits, craft beer, mead, hard cider, wine and artisan beverages
- 2018 Caribbean Cocktail Throwdown: Featuring Boston’s best Mixologist competing for bragging rights and winner of the Boston’s best Caribbean cocktail.
- Cocktail Demos – Showcases featured cocktails from participating vendors stirring up the best “Irie” drinks
- Jerk bites for sale at reasonable prices
- Reggae Lounge – an adult hang out spot with games, demos and more
What’s Included with Rum & Brew VIP Admission Tickets:
- All of the above benefits
- Complimentary entry for a session of your choice for the food festival on Saturday, June 24th ($20 value)
- Exclusive ½ hour early access to Rum & Brew Tasting at 6:00pm access (priceless)
- Fast lane VIP line to enter event (priceless)
- One complimentary food sampling ticket to be redeemed by any vendor ($7.00)
- JerkFest welcome goodie bag ($20+)
Contact: (617) 395-7680
Additional time info:
The spicy festivities will continue on Saturday, June 23, 2018 for two sessions: 11am-3 pm and 4-8 pm. At the festival, top local Caribbean Chefs will sell authentic jerk-spiced foods and traditional Caribbean home-made beverages for sale. A Spice Lane will have specialty foods such as: spicy jams, hot sauces, chutneys, spices and spicy desserts for sale. The festival offers live music featuring reggae and steel band music. Chef demos throughout includes a Seafood Throwdown (Session 1) and a Jerk Cook-Off (Session 2). The Kids Zone with have hands-on interactive arts and crafts and activities for children of all ages. The Reggae Bar will have tropical cocktails, spirits, craft beer and wine for sale. The Reggae Lounge, offers cocktail demos from our sponsors, games, photo booth, and more. Ethnic arts and crafts will also be for sale by local and regional vendors.
- Top local Caribbean Chefs offering authentic jerk-spiced foods and traditional Caribbean home-made beverages for sale
- Live music featuring reggae and steel band music
- Seafood Throwdown Competition in Session 1
- Jerk Cook-off Competition in Session 2
- The Jerk Bar will have tropical cocktails, spirits, craft beer, mead, cider, wine and artisan beverage will be for sale
- Spice Lane including specialty foods such as: spicy jams, nuts, and desserts
- Kids Zone with hands-on interactive arts and crafts and activities for children of all ages
- Arts and craft vendors
- Reggae Lounge
41 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116